Monday, October 27, 2014

What a weekend!! & #Blogtober 14 Days 25 & 26

This weekend was pretty awesome and super busy!!
We celebrated the wedding of close friends of ours, Derick & Mariaan.
The setting: A farm-style rustic, vintage wedding. It was beautiful, the colour scheme was black, white and grey. All of the accents were wooden with a vintage vibe.
Mariaan made a beautiful bride and Derick looked handsome, they suit one another so well!!
We partied into the wee hours of the morning, and after a brief 4 hour power snooze we were up and about, we had breakfast at the venue and chatted about the evening's events.
What a lovely way to spend a weekend!!





As a result of the awesome celebrations on Saturday and the lethargic Sunday I missed days 25 & 26, so now it's time for a little catch-up!!

My favourite book - Day 25
Well that's just unfair!! I can hardly remember the names of 15% of the books I have read in my lifetime!!
There are just so many good ones!! At the moment I am reading The Fault in our Stars and The Book Thief, I regret watching The Fault in our Stars before reading the book, I have yet to watch The Book Thief, not making that mistake again!!

My favourite is definitely the Harry Potter set. My Gran came back from London when I was about 13 with the first 3 books for me, I was so excited. I read them within a couple of days. As the books came out I read them, my aunt/great gran were sending them to me from the UK, I love that I got my set from the country in which it was written. Hopefully someday I'll get them autographed!


Who would play me - Day 26
I can think of a few, if we were going on personalities I would say Kate Hudson, Emma Watson or Lea Michelle. They are straight-forward, hard working ladies. What I like about Kate is her quirky, gutsy attitude and her fun, bubbly sense of humour, Emma is a feminist and I grew up watching her grow up, also she's smart and down-to-earth, Lea on the other hand sings, dances and is a determined, strong young woman...All of which are traits that I see in myself.

If we're going on looks, right now it'd be Katy Perry, thanks to the purple hair!!
Otherwise Kaley Cuoco Sweeting, or Mila Kunis. I've also been told I look like Drew Barrymore. I don't see it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment