Thursday, August 14, 2014

Packing for a business trip to Dubai

I am one of those people that are lucky enough to have a job that has allowed me to travel.

Sometimes to lovely places like Mozambique and Cape Town.

Other times to not so lovely places...like Angola.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some undeniably beautiful places in Angola, as there are in Mozambique and Cape Town. I will eventually share all my travels with you, but this post is dedicated to Dubai!!

Most definitely the most exciting trip I will go on for my company!

This time next week instead of tapping away at my keyboard I will be packing my suitcase and making sure that I have everything I may need for a week in Dubai!
 I have checked the weather forecast and it says I can expect highs of 43 and lows of 32 degrees, 43 degrees Celsius!!! Oh my soul, I think I might just melt while we are there!!!

Since Dubai is a conservative country being Muslim and all, I will mostly be packing clothes that are modest and considerate of the local culture - itsy bitsy outfits are a no no! Shoulders and legs should preferably be covered up when in public areas.


You might be asking "Why would you want to pack itsy bitsy outfits for a business trip?", well the answer is simple really, my boss is like no other! We will undoubtedly be visiting at least one night club while we are there and not to mention we have a full Saturday there before we start working....I'm thinking...BEACH!!!

These are the most important items on my packing list so far:
Sunblock and a sun hat - for when we are on the beach or strolling the streets, its bound to be a scorcher at 43 degrees!!
  1. Light weight scarf - to cover up shoulders, or just as an accessory, whatevs really, I like scarves!
  2. A pair of black pants, black leggings/tights, a black pencil skirt, and a pair of denims - these items are versatile and can be mixed with any top/blouse.
  3. A pair of black heel and a pair of wedges - versatile items.
  4. A few blouses - light-weight blouses and button up tops.
  5. A smart jacket/cardigan - since all of the buildings are air-conditioned it might get a bit chilly indoors.
  6. A bikini and a sarong - for the beach of course!
  7. A pair of sandals and a pair of closed flat shoes for walking the mall in comfort - the shops in Dubai male close LATE! I'm talking like 11pm, so there will be plenty of time to (window) shop after work.
  8. A beanie and gloves - we are making a definite stop over at Ski Dubai! I cant wait!!!
  9. Dresses/skirts of a flowy material - lightweight and versatile for day or evening wear.
  10. Accessories - Necklaces, earrings, bracelets and bangles!
  11. Gym clothing and running shoes - a must for any trip!
  12. A good book - hopefully while I'm there I'll get myself a kindle! I love a real book but a kindle is travel friendly and compact.
  13. And last but not least...Gadgets - Smartphone, camera, ipod, laptop, and chargers for all of them!

So hopefully while I'm there I will be able to squeeze in a post or two with a few photos and a maybe a word or ten! Haha!

If you have been to Dubai before and know of something that I'm missing please tell me about it in the comments section!


No comments:

Post a Comment