Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Top 10 Holiday Destinations

I have a bucket list of holiday destinations that just keeps growing.

Everytime I log onto Pinterest I find another place that "I HAVE TO GO TO!"

The latest place "I have to go to" is Paro Taktsang, Bhutan, I didn't even know this place existed until about a week and a half ago. It is so fascinating, it looks like something out of Mulan (the Disney movie).

So today I am going to share with you the top 10 destinations on my bucket list, these are my be all and end all and if I die having been to these places I will die a happy woman!

Anyway enough of the depressing talk about dying and on to the exciting times ahead!!
Note: Friends and family if you are wondering what to get me for an upcoming birthday, a plane ticket will suffice! *Wink*Wink*Nudge*Nudge*


1. Paris, France
Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to go to France. It is after all where my maiden family name comes from. Ah, a little fishing village in the very South-West of France, Meillon. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to go to Meillon one day, if not, recreating a Lady and the Tramp dinner by candlelight in Paris will do just fine! Merci!

2. New York City (On New Years Eve of course!)

To watch the ball drop at mid-night on New Years Eve, and then kiss my husband and cheers to the inevitably amazing year that lies ahead! A girl can dream right?

3. Venice & Rome, Italy

I think this is one of the most romantic cities in the world! What better way to celebrate an anniversary than to float along a canal in a gondola, make a wish at the Trevi Fountain and take a stroll through Villa D'este, Tivoli. Sì per favore!

4. Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Islands, Bangla Road, Full Moon Party, Riding elephants, wake up feeling like I just relived "The Hangover", Snorkeling, and just soaking up some vitamin D with the most beautiful backdrop...Sounds pretty freaking awesome to me!!

5. Santorini, Greece
There is just something about Santorini that is calling my name. I love the uniformity of the white buildings with the blue rooftops. It is breathtakingly beautiful. And it has black sand beaches...How interesting! And just to add in a bit of excitement, it has an active volcano!!

6. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Our surname (Vos) is dutch, Riaan's grandfather was from the Netherlands, so this is must for us. It is another destination that has a personal meaning to us. Also, I would love to ride a bicycle through the tulip fields, pay a visit to Anne Franks House, the Van Gogh Museum and make a stop past the red light district!{Insert big grin emoji here}

7. London, England
Doctor Who has shown us alot of London...but not enough! I want to go there, firstly to see all things HP, Platform 9 3/4 and all the rest!!! Also to see Buckingham Palace, where Lady Di lived (I did love her when I was a little girl, she was a real live princess!). There are so many places to go in London I really doubt that I need to list them here, the list is exhaustive.

8. Australia
One of my best friends - Caitlin - lives here. Oh, and then there's the great barrier reef and a naturally pink lake!! Enough said!

9. New Zealand

Hobbiton, I mean seriously! We have to go there!! Besides for that I would love to just explore the natural beauty that this country has to offer, go on hikes and explore it is amazingness!

10. Switzerland

To stroll through Lucern eating Swiss chocolate and visit the gargantuan castles. To snuggle up in front of a roaring fire at night while sipping on Swiss Hot chocolate, go skiing in the Swiss Alps, eat lots of Swiss chocolate, build a snowman and make snow angels! This sounds like the most perfect winter wonderland holiday if ever there was one!! Oh and did I mention the Swiss chocolate???
 

So that's that, my top 10 holiday destinations! What are your top 10 holiday destinations?


Note: All photos (except for the first one) were sourced from pinterest, I do not claim title to, or own any of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment