Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Photography Fun

Riaan and I bought ourselves a DSLR for Christmas.

After watching a youtube crash course on what all the buttons did and spending a couple of minutes with our photographer friend Connie we decided it was time to get snap happy. And work on that new year goal.

So! Our feline friends Arya and Sven (fondly and very creatively nicknamed Kitty and Mew) had to play model for us!

Here are a few of our (unedited) snaps of them and the garden.

Arya - The cutest kitty in all the land!
Lazy Sven








Too much pollen!!

I don't think it's too bad for amature photography...

Please let me know what you think and if you have any tips/helpful hints?

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness your cats are so beautiful!! (as a cat lover myself, i am constantly taking snaps of my cats haha). this camera is such great quality! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/little-ways-to-deal-with-stress.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy :D Hahahaha half of my camera reel on my phone is pictures of our cat, the struggle is real!
      I will definitely stop by your blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not kidding, when I saw the first pic I thought it was my cat!

    Great photos, such good quality :) I so want a new DSLR - maybe I should start looking for one; what make did you take these with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Charlotte, she is so cute, and she seems to be a bit of a vegetarian, she chooses veggies over fish and chicken quite often... maybe I just cook delicious veggies!!

      Thank you, it means alot because your photos are amazing! We have a Nikon D3200, we used a 50mm f1.8 lens for these photos.

      Delete