Saturday, September 20, 2014

A note about Wanderlust


Definition: A strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.

I think wanderlust is both a blessing an a curse.
It not only takes you to the most beautiful of places, but also away from your home and your family.
Thanks to modern technology the missing home and FOMO can be reduced substantially, but nothing will ever quite replace actually being there.

My innate wanderlust has landed me in some interesting places. I have never said no to travel, be it for work or pleasure. I long to see the world, be immersed in different cultures and experience different lifestyles.

Here are a few (unedited) snaps of the places I have travelled to.
Wine Tasting in Cape Town.
Selfie at a stop in The Kruger National Park.
The sun's reflection on the ocean, view from Table Mountain - Cape Town.
Southern Sun Maputo - Mozambique.
A Baby Hyena in the Kruger National Park.
Sunset at a dam in The Kruger National Park.
My Favourite Animal - A Giraffe at sunset in the Kruger National Park.
The Pinnacle - Mpumalanga.
God's Window - Mpumalanga.
Bourke's Luck Potholes - Mpumalanga.
Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucia.
Umhlanga - Kwa-Zulu Natal.
The spot where we got engaged! Wild Coast Sun - Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Kayaking in Cape Town.
Wild Coast Sun - Kwa-Zulu Natal.
The Marginale - Angola.
Swaziland.
Jumeirah Lake Towers - Dubai.
Scottburgh - Kwa-Zulu Natal..


We live in a beautiful country and I have been lucky enough to have seen quite a lot of it.
Having said that, I can happily tell your that I am excited for our impending adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment